Friday, September 16, 2011

Fingers crossed!

It's something I've always wanted to do, but never had the balls.  I search all the time, find one that seems perfect for me, then dismiss it because I think to myself, "I'd never get it anyway."  But today, I changed my attitude and submitted my resume.

I applied for a job with the NFL.


Though I'm at the age where I should know what I'm doing with my life and what I want to be when I grow up, I am clueless.  I love the job I have right now, but it's not something I want to do forever.  I want to be around something that I'm passionate about, something that I really want to learn more about.  So, when my friend sent me a link to this job, I decided to throw myself into the mix.  Even if I don't get hired, it doesn't hurt to try, right? What's that old saying, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"?  I think Wayne Gretsky was on to something.

I think this gave me just the motivation I need to apply for other jobs I've seen for ESPN and different individual ball clubs.  I think I'm destined to be a football girl for the rest of my life.

xoxo,
Blanche Sanche

No comments:

Post a Comment